Saturday, January 15, 2011

REALLY?! You think THAT's cute?!

It's the time of year when CHA sneak peeks are released, and I am always perplexed by how many people in the scrapbook community rave about how much they LOOOOOOVE every stinkin' sneak peek from every single company.  I think to myself, "are we looking at the same paper, here?!" Nikki Sivils' Blueberry Hill line from last summer's release comes to mind.  I had a flashback to the year 1995 when I saw it.  And that was a bad year for me.  Think flannel shirts and Birkenstocks.  I looked like a lumberjacking lesbian.  I can say that because my sister is a lesbian.

So anyway, I know people have different tastes, but I also see alot of the stuff I dislike on clearance racks at AC Moore, which makes me think that other people don't like what I don't like, and they are playing nicey nice when they say they do like it.  I don't get this, but that could be because growing up, my mother never told me to "just be nice."  Instead, she told me things like, "Go pour this antifreeze in the woods" or "MSG kills people."

5 comments:

Megan Aaron said...

I totally agree! I'm more of the 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all' group, but still.

I love Sassafras Lass (I know we have totally different tastes, you and I) and I have been waiting and waiting for a DT call. I didn't think they were that popular of a company. All of the sudden the DT call comes out and EVERYONE has been waiting and waiting. And Sass Lass is EVERYONE's favorite company. ugh!

Ann_Ominous said...

Things that make you go "hhhmmmmmm....."

and things that make you go "bbblllllleeeeaaaaccckkkkk!"

carrie said...

Oh my! Thanks for the great laugh this morning! I just love that you totally say what you are thinking and don't care what others think.

fong33 said...

Can always count on you for telling it as it is...that's why we love ya girl!

ScrapGoo said...

I have three words for you: winning free shit. ;-)

Total Pageviews

 

design by suckmylolly.com