Sunday, January 23, 2011

Princess Creamy Kitty


This first layout is for 4 challenges.  First, it’s for the challenge to create a layout using at least 75% Fancy Pants products at Scrap Attack Scrapbooking.  I also combined sketches from The Paper Variety and Sketches in Thyme, pulling the elements I liked best from each sketch.  Last, this is for the challenge to fussy cut at Challenge Masters.  I cut these waves from patterned paper, and then I added stickles and rhinestone swirls.  If you'd like to see the journaling, visit my ACOT gallery

This layout is for a Friday Fun Day challenge at Lucky Girl Crafts.  I was inspired by the embellished banner, so I made my own.  I cut the little circles from patterned paper and then pop dotted them and added stickles.  I used my new favorite product – cute banner stickers from My Mind’s Eye.  This is also for the manufacturer challenge to use Creative Imaginations products at ACOT.

So anyway, I never really considered myself a cat person until I met my boyfriend’s cat.  It’s a boy cat, but I call her Princess.  Princess Creamy Kitty to be exact.  My boyfriend tells me that I act like a pageant mom around her.  I think that’s funny since he doesn’t even know half the story.  I have taken to creating hats for her out of my scrapbooking supplies while said boyfriend is at work.  I would take a picture to share, but I would need someone to hold her still at the same time.  I sing all sorts of songs to her in a very loud, high-pitched voice, and I’m not kidding when I say that I think she loves it.
This is us, madly in love on my boyfriend's tacky-assed couch. 

In other news, I am no longer anonymous on the Smack Center blog.  I never really say anything all that risqué, so I didn’t really have a reason to be anonymous anyway.  If anything, I would prefer people to associate my witty remarks with me and no one else. 

8 comments:

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness- I came to see your layout and am laughing so hard.
I am a cat person and love when I find others ease into this and never realize that a cat has taken over their life.
I would love to see the hats- maybe not the high pitch singing as much...lol
Your layouts are fab by the way.
Thank you for sharing with us this week at
sketches In Thyme
Hope you come back real soon.

patti west said...

"Shore is tasty"...that's a riot! love your photos and your stickle action. You are a good writer - it was fun to read about your BF's cat - and really...his couch isn't that bad. ;) Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety! :)

Marilyn said...

Great page! Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety!!

Fern said...

OMGosh, how funny!! I would also love to see photos are the kitty with the hats on!! Love your layouts!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!!! Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Your embellished banner is great! I'm so glad you were inspired by the Lucky Girls Friday Fun day :)
~natalie

Emily D. said...

I love that banner on your page!! Pleased to see you have found inspiration with the Lucky Girls!! And I have two cats... I was never a cat person until my brother gave me one. I'm a sucker. I felt bad.... we have Toby, the overweight slacker and Mr. Moe, the fluffball with a snaggle tooth. Seriously. He's kinda, well, strange. LOL, you totally have me going on about my cats! Sorry!! That cat is gorgeous! I call my boy cat's girly names too... it's cool!

Abby Beard said...

Great page! Love those waves and title :) Thanks for playing with us at TPV and good luck in the drawing tonight :)

carrie said...

Leslie, I love that first layout! The title is great and so are the waves.

Total Pageviews

 

design by suckmylolly.com