Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I want people to fear me.

I don’t have any tattoos because I don’t want people to judge me.  If you are a man with a tattoo, people think you have criminal tendencies.  If you are a woman with a tattoo, people think you have hookerish tendencies.  I don’t make the rues, that’s just the way it is.  But sometimes, I think about getting a tattoo.  Not just any tattoo.  I want a prison tattoo on my face.  The teardrop kind.  The kind of tattoo that tells people that I have killed someone.  No, I haven’t killed anyone, but it would be nice for people to think that I have.  Living in Philadelphia is tough, and I bet people would stay away from me if they thought I was a cold-blooded killer.

Also, I was watching one of those shows about gangs on TV, and I learned that there is a gang called Sex, Money, Murda.  I want to be in THAT gang. They showed some of the gang members’ tattoos, and I told my boyfriend that I wanted one.  He went to art school, so he promised me that this summer, he would draw a REALLY big $.M.M. on my back with a sharpie to wear to the beach.  No one would see my back tattoo in the winter months.  I told him that that sounded fun, but I don’t want to start a gang war at Cape May.  But I am considering the teardrop tattoo. 

So anyway, I did this layout, Maize Maze, for a challenge at Design Dollies (http://designdollies.blogspot.com/) to freehand something on a layout.  I doodled lines, dots, and dotted lines all over this dude in brown ink, and I really think it adds a fun touch!  I also used autumn-themed papers for the challenge to use themed products at Challenge Masters.  Please enjoy the unncessary close-up photo!

For this layout, I was inspired by the cover of a Martha Stewart Living magazine as part of the advertisement challenge at Challenge Masters.  I used the color scheme and the blocked design.  I also included lyrics from the Playing for Change version of the song, “Stand by Me” for the challenge at Scrapping the Music (http://scrappingthemusic.blogspot.com/).  When I saw the challenge a few days ago, I knew I HAD to do a layout about my bestie, Brittany.  She really has stood by me since I met her.  If you look really close, you can see that I used paper doilies as masks with pink glimmer mist.

You can see the journaling for these layouts in my ACOT gallery.  http://www.acherryontop.com/gallery_show/,12672873,cid,,,

10 comments:

KarenB said...

Wow Leslie, both of these are wicked LO's but I really, really love the first one. Something about the orange I think (I'm a huge fan) and the brown pen doodling (my favourite pen is a brown ink one) but also the overall design just drew me in :) Awesome.

Anonymous said...

I've got to say that I just LOVE the detail in your unnecessary close up picture. ;) hehe!!

Awesome pages (as usual) and I know I'd fear ya with the tear drop tattoo! haha!

yyam said...

These are awesome creations! I love the bright happy colors! :)

Thanks for joining us at Scrapping The Music! :)

karenw said...

I love the thought of a scary tattoo (not the actual tattooing bit tho..). This post has made me laugh, thanks :)
These Lo's are very cool, love the doodling and i consider the second photo totally necessary!x

MommyScraps said...

I agree that the doodling adds a VERY nice touch! :) Thanks for playig with the Dollies this week!

wendipooh13 said...

love your fun touch with the doodles... and hey if you want a tat get one... I totally support them, and my husband is an artist and drew me one to get and it really means sooo much!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with the Dollies this week!!!

Scrapamum said...

Beautiful work! Love your hand work on the double layout!!!
Thanks for playing with the Dollies!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I have four tat's and I have never had peeps think bad of me... lol... well, at least they never have said it out loud to me! lol! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo's!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Scrapping the Music! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love colors you used! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapping The Music!

phinner said...

awww! bffs make the world go 'round! love the creamy colors!!! lovely! thanks for participating at Scrapping the Music!

Total Pageviews

 

design by suckmylolly.com