Sunday, January 30, 2011

I've been a verrrrry busy girl...



Ok, so first up is the layout that I did for the My Little Shoebox sketch contest.  It's called, "I'm not just a nanny... (I'm a baby stylist)."  Man, that is a clever title if I do say so myself!  And you know I DO say so myself!  I made little debossed pinwheels and tabs. This is also for the challenge at Mission to Create, which was a challenge to include blue, parentheses (in my title), and pinwheels. I really like their unique challenges.  That MLS paper is much more blue in person, by the way.  I also submitted this to the open challenge at Sketches in Thyme.  OH, and the color scheme was inspired by a project at Lucky Girl Crafts


Nexxxxxxt is a layout that I made for the Cosmo Cricket blog challenge to scrap about your January.  Well, I typically hibernate after the fun of Christmas and New Year's passes, so that's what this layout is all about.  Notice I scrapped the terribly unflattering picture of Princess Creamy Kitty and me.  I'm surprised you can't see the drool on the pillow, which is almost definitely present!  This is also for the other Mission to Create challenge this month to use clear Stickles, snowflakes, and silver metal (brads).  Last, this is for the scraplift challenge at XOXO.  They are giving away a super-cute kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shoppe this month!  I scraplifted Lynnette Davis.



Here is the layout that I made for ACOT's January Contest.  It's called, "Dream of Wheat," and it's about my mother's transcendent Cream of Wheat.  I made homemade flowers for a challenge at Challenge Masters. I combined their sketch with the one provided for the January challenge at Pixie Dust Paperie.  I also submitted this to the open challenge at Sketches in Thyme.  Here is the sketch from Pixie Dust Paperie:


Moving on...

This layout is about my bestie, Stephanie.  It's for the challenge to create a friend-themed layout at The Paper Variety.  I used sketch 97 for the challenge at The Scrappiest.  I also did it for the challenge to journal something you remember at ACOT. 

This Halloween layout is for the Scraplift Challenge at XOXO (see details above about their giveaway this month!).  I scraplifted Khristen Foss's cool layout.  This is also for the stash challenge at Challenge Masters to use themed paper.

I used sketches from The Scrappiest on all three of these pages.  The first one ("Bathing Beauties") was done using Sketch 99, the second one ("Like a 12 Year-Old") was inspired by Sketch 98, and the third one down ("Riot) uses Sketch 100.   "Riot" was also done for the color challenge at Challenge Masters.

"Oh Scrappy (birth)Day" was done using the January 21 Sketch at Sassy Lil' Sketches.




This last layout (finally!) was done for the Sketch Contest at BlueMoon Scrapbooking.  I alsi submitted it to the open challenge at Sketches in Thyme.

20 comments:

Abby Beard said...

So many gorgeous layouts! You're very creative :) Thanks for joining us at The Paper Variety!

Melissa said...

Not only are you verrry busy, you are verrry talented! I love all your layouts. Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.

patti west said...

Woo hoo, Leslie...way to get your scrap on!!! I so enjoyed this post! My fave lo is the "hibernatin'" one...probably because I can so relate!! They're all excellent los though - I love how you journal and get your thoughts out there. (I do that too - helps me to move forward.) Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety! :) ~patti

LyndaKay said...

You have a real gift for combining patterned papers!! (and journaling)

Chrissy said...

Wow! Your pages look fantastic! Great work...and yes...you have been very busy!

Megan Aaron said...

about your comment - yeah I agree, I was kinda intimidated, and I don't know why the pink on my page showed up as red - it makes the whole thing look just 'off'

oh well, we tried

shortywithastory said...

No joke!!! I wish I could be that busy! Excellent work... excellent layouts. I'm so glad you were able to join us at Lucky Girl Crafts! Please join us again soon. :D

~jan said...

What a terrific posting of goodness! Love all your layouts! Love how you dealt with the story of meeting your bestie-what a terrific layout. Thanks for sharing it with us t The Paper Variety!

April said...

Your work is fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Variety!
- April

Liz Chidester said...

Wow you got alot of beautiful creations done!!!
Great job, thanks for playing along at The Scrappiest!

Melissa said...

WOWSER!!! you are on a roll girl! love every single one of them. so much too look at and so much inspiration. thanks for sharing all this creations and thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme.

tiffany said...

wow- busy busy busy!! such fabulous inspiration in all of your work! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!
=) Tiffany

Fern said...

Beautiful layouts!!! Great job with each design and I love the way you journal on each one... I'm trying to do more of that this year!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!!!

Emily D. said...

Leslie... OMG I'm in love with all of these. You have been busy!!!!! If you get a minute, could you email me at e.hammann@gmail.com ? I have an important question for you.... :)

lauren bergold said...

GOOD GOLLY!!! you sure do GET A LOT DONE, missy! and every single layout is cooler and more beautiful than the last! i think i am going to need some efficiency lessons please! :)

of course i am bound to say that the pixie-inspired LO is my favorite, right?! and truly, just that title (dream of wheat) & the subject...plus that great pic of your mom...are just SO AWESOME, who could fail to ♥love♥ it??!?! (but really, every single one of these is quite FAB!)

ps: i loveLOVElove the name of your blog!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad that you have been inspired by the Lucky Girl Friday Fun Day projects ;-) Your layouts are fantastic... and I am so impressed with all of them!
~natalie

Vanessa said...

WOW! Gorgeous layout..love all the little details on each of them!

Thanks for playing along with us at Mission to Create...it is cool to see what you created with the concepts!

Jocie said...

You have been a very busy girl!! I love the happy colors on all your LO's!! Thanks for joining our challenge at MTC!

Sabr said...

Wow you have been busy!! Your pages are all gorgeous!! Love the Pumpkin head page Thanks for playing at xoxo!

kate blue said...

you were on a scrapping mojo roll!!! Awesome baby!! Am so glad that you were inspired by more than one on our team this month! SO glad we have a great variety! Hope you'll keep coming back!
Katherine (Lipstick diva True XOXO)

Total Pageviews

 

design by suckmylolly.com