Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lucky Girl Crafts and the Effects of Watching Too Much "Law and Order: SVU"

I'm a Guest DT at Lucky Girl Crafts this month, and if you've never checked them out, you really should!  And no, I'm not just saying that because I got a free kit this month!  They are having a huge sale; their kits are 5 for $100!  That's a savings of around 45 smackaroos! Just use discount code LUCKYBDAY at checkout.
I really like their kits because the papers you get papers that aren't too "matchy matchy."  You could create several layouts from one kit and have each of them look completely different from the others.  They also include product from lots of different companies like Echo Park, Prima, MME, Pink Paislee, American Crafts, Making Memories, Imaginise, Jenni Bowlin, and Cosmo Cricket.  As a fan or variety, I like that!

Also, the Lucky Girls are making final preparations for this weekend's blog party, which will run June 3-5 and feature lots of inspiration and scrappy gifts for readers.  It all stars tomorrow at http://www.luckygirlcraftkits.blogspot.com/

In other (not particularly noteworthy) news, I've been watching lots and lots of SVU on my phone because the Internet that I steal from my neighbors has been craptastic lately.  They need to pay their bills on time so I can watch my shows, damn it!  Anyway, there is not much that my mother and I agree about.  In fact, we argue constantly about whether it's acceptable to end a sentence with a preposition.  I say it is, and she says it isn't, but she doesn't know what she's talking about.  Did you get that?  Talking ABOUT!  Take that, Mama!  But we both agree that Christopher Meloni is H-O-T-T.  She's calls him "Testosteroni."  She's so punny!  I don't understand how a middle-aged man with such a bad receding hair line can be so... pultritudinous. 

Also, I want to be friends with Mariska Hargitay.  Hell, I want to BE Mariska Hargitay.

Well, my recent binge of SVU viewing (or as I call it, SVUing) has had the unfortunate effect of making me look for dead people wherever I go.  I was at the park today with Gidget, and there was a homeless person wrapped in a Sesame Street blanket on a bench.  Although it's quite common to see homeless people doing homeless things like sleeping on benches while wrapped in Sesame Street blankets, my first thought was, "OH CRAP!  DEAD BODY!"  And I can't cross railroad tracks or walk by shallow bodies of water without inspecting the premises for corpses.  Hell, I haven't let Gidget play with a ball in the grass since watching that episode where that kit throws a frisbee that lands feet away from a cold one.  And by "cold one" I mean "dead person" not "beer."

3 comments:

Theresa said...

haha!!! I'm still chuckling over your last paragraph.. funny stuff. I count dead deer on the express way after the snow thaws...there's just so many of them.. lol.. not the same as dead people though.
congrats on being the Guest DT.

Happy Monday... another week has begun. =)

Jenna said...

only you! And yes he is hot! But, did you hear that he's leaving the show??

Monty said...

Hello mate nicee post

Total Pageviews

 

design by suckmylolly.com